Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trip #2 ~Nauvoo, Illinois

The birthday boy at Hotel Nauvoo!
The whole schilling family

the reception hall
At Carthage jail
Making the rope
old friend katie
Jenna was not happy about taking pictures

The happy couple
The beautiful gardens outside the visitor center
the bakery
Statue of the first vision
One of my favorites, My young woman leader gave me a statue like this when I got my medallion. I still have it on my dresser as a daily reminder that I am a woman of god and of the values that I should be upholding.
my cutie boy!

We were so blessed to be able to take a trip to Nauvoo. We weren't sure until the last day if Jay was going to able to get the time off. It was Samuel's birthday weekend and our life- long friend Brittany Schilling's wedding. I was praying that it would all work out, and it did! Jay had never been to Navoou so I was really excited for him to experience this amazing place. I haven't been to another place like it. You can feel the people that lived there. Some one there even told me that the veil is very thin there and that is why the spirit can be felt so strong. We got to see a few things but we definitely have to go back to experience the rest. The day of the wedding was Samuel's birthday. He was so happy to be in Nauvoo for his birthday and to get to be where Joesph Smith lived.
Brittany and Peter's wedding was so amazing! Brittany has always been like a little sister to me so this was truly a special gift to be able to be at her sealing! It was so fun to see everyone again and meet the new members of the family as well! Then that night we drove down to her reception which was in St. Louis. Then we stayed at another old friend's home. The dave and Cynthia Welch were my primary teachers and I have seen Dave every year for 16 years. He sells
Childhood toys and comes into Cleveland every year. It was such a treat to go to his house this year and see his beautiful family!
Then as we drove back from St. Louis we stopped at my grandpa's again. It's always fun to see him. This time Uncle Dean, Aunt Marianne, Mark, Aunt Lois and Uncle Rich and my parents were there. We celebrated birthday's and had a couple very special family dinners. It was so nice to be all together. It was another great family summer trip! I am truly blessed!

No comments: